Apple Watch represents one of the most popular lines of smartwatches in the world. This makes sense because most iPhone users prefer this type of smartwatch. The first Apple Watch was launched in April 2015. Today, seven different wearables belong to this series.
One of the best things about all these watches is the Apple Watch bands. With their help, you can make your current device look as good as new. So, it’s no surprise why so many people are looking for an answer to one simple question – How to change the Apple watch band. If you don’t want to end up with your Apple Watch band stuck, you should pay more attention to this topic. The good news is that this is not a difficult process. In this article, we will focus on how to remove the Apple Watch band, but we will also show you how to change it.
The Simplest Way to Remove Apple Watch Band
Before we start this guide, we would like to mention that this guide is for Apple Watches in general. This means that the step-by-step guide works for almost all models and bands. However, there are a few exceptions that will be mentioned and analyzed later.
Remove the Apple Watch Band
- Start by putting your Apple Watch face down. This means that you should be looking at the sensors and other parts that are located here. At this point, you should be able to identify the band release button too because it’s located on the back of the watch. Remember to use a clean surface to avoid damage.
- After that, press and hold the release button. In case you are not sure how the button looks, try to find a button in an oval form located below the point where the band connects to your watch.
- Once you start holding the release button, simply slide the band out to the right side. You don’t need to use force to do this. If everything goes well, the band should slide smoothly.
- Next, you should do the same with the band release button located on the other side of the watch. This means that Apple watches come with two buttons of this kind which is quite logical since there are two sides of a band.
- Now for the final fifth step, slide the band out to the left side. This will get both parts of the band. Remember that this procedure won’t affect the work of your device.
Install New Apple Watch Band
There’s not much to talk about when it comes to placing new Apple Watch bands. Once you remove the original band, you should ensure that the text on the new band is facing you. Simply slide the new band in positions. You should feel and hear a mechanical click after that. There’s no need to hold buttons or do anything else.
As you can see, these instructions are simple and easy. Even if you are not a tech-savvy person, you should be able to complete the procedure without any problems. The guide we’ve shared can be used as an answer to popular questions like How to change Apple Watch band Series 5 or How to change Apple Watch band Series 3. However, there are a few special bands manufactured by Apple that require a different approach. Let’s see how you can remove and change them.
Removal of a Milanese Loop
The Milanese Loop is an elegant band that’s used by many people around the world. It’s worth mentioning that this band was redesigned back in 2018. This redesign has made it easier for users to replace these bands. To remove it, you will have to open the band fully simply by sliding the elegant magnetic closure right through the lug/band connector. Before this redesign took place, the closure couldn't slide through this lug.
Removal of a Braided Solo Loop or a regular Solo Loop
The simplistic and sporty Braided Solo Loop and Solo Loop bands are quite popular too. You’ll need a slightly different approach to take care of the removal of these bands. So, in case you have one of them, you should pull right from the bottom of the band. This should give you a chance to stretch the band over the wrist whenever you put it on and take the band off.
Removal of the Link Bracelet
The Link Bracelet is the most expensive band of this kind. It makes the watch look luxurious thanks to its unique design. But it’s the design that forces users to try a different method to remove and change the band.
The basic goal here is to separate the link bracelet into two individual pieces before the procedure starts. When you are doing this, never force or twist the band because you can cause damage. Now let’s check the short step-by-step guide.
- The first step is to check whether the butterfly closer is open or closed. IN case it is open, fold it one side at a time. If you are doing this in the right way, you should feel and hear a click.
- Next, you have to locate the quick-release buttons. You should find them on the inside of the Link Bracelet. Keep in mind that you don’t have to hold two of them down – just one is enough.
- So, while you are holding down one of the quick release buttons, you should pull the band. As we said before, the band has to be separated into two individual pieces before the band is removed from the Apple Watch.
- Now for the final step, hold down the release button and slide the band across to release and remove it from the watch.
Just like in the case of other bands, this is not a difficult procedure. Yet, you have to follow the instructions. Once again, don’t forget that you should not do anything by force.
The devices that belong to the Apple Watch series are equipped with one band that holds the device on the user’s wrist. The good news is that Apple has made it easy to change these bands to other types if you want to. In addition to the original Apple Watch bands, users can buy bands from other vendors. These are specially designed straps that come in a wide range of colors and materials. New bands are released on the market each season.
We should also mention that these bands are made in a way that makes them compatible with the Apple Watch regardless of their size (38, 40, 42, or 44 mm cases). Thanks to the opportunity to switch bands, users can create different styles suitable for any occasion. Some of these straps are quite elegant while others are sporty. There are straps made from textile, leather, metal, and other materials. Of course, these things will affect the price of the product. If you are buying a product from a third party, check their reputation before making a deal.
We hope that this guide will help you learn how to remove the Apple Watch band once you are ready to use a new band.